Sunday, May 31, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things: when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when i'm feeling sad

today is our last day in Matsue and i am rather sad.

I have met people with nice majors here: Agricultural Economics (Misako and Amiko), French(Yu), Comparative Culture?? (Minako).

I learned a dance called "henna o-jiisan" and it is rather nice. You move randomly while saying "hen-na-o-jii-san," which means "strange old man."

Also, I heard a mother goose verse from Yu and it sounded like this:

Josie Posie, pudding and pie
kissed the girls and made them cry
when the boys came out to play
Josie Posie ran away

Which the explanation of: Josie is actually Georgy and then what about this Georgy?
Or Josie is a woman.
Anyway, I have met several people highly skilled at Mother Goose.

My trip to Tokyo is prefigured by two impressions:
1. the videogame Shin Megami Tensei, which takes place in a post apocalypsey sort of world and is centered on Tokyo,
2. Abe Kobo's novel Kangaroo Notebook, in which there is an episode where the nameless male protagonist is in a department store with an IV hanger with squid genitals hung upon it andhe enters some subterranean cavern ...

5 comments:

  1. So, does that mean you had a good time?
    By the way - did the debit card work a second time?

    We're your parents and we HAVE to ask questions - it's international law...

    Love you,

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you are sad! It would be ideal I think if Tokyo were like Kangaroo Notebook. And I hope Josie is a girl.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Josie is a girl or me! And yes, all is fine in terms of money. I do not want to leave this place and neither do I want to not leave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know - we tried calling but you did not answer.

    Hi Weyam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you must teach me the dance when you return :)

    don't get murdered / mugged / raped while in tokyo,

    unless, of course, that's a part of the experience.

    ReplyDelete